I’ve been waiting for the right time to say it, so here it goes. My name is Molly and I am addicted to carrots.
In the words of my boyfriend, some choose drugs, I choose beta carotene. And anyone who knows me will 1000% back me up on this. It is no exaggeration that during a given week I consume AT LEAST five bags of baby carrots in one form or another — to the point where my palms + soles of my feet have adopted a newly orange hue.
Thought that was a myth? Well believe it…
They say that the first step in solving a problem is admitting you have one, but to be honest, this is an addiction I’m not willing to forfeit.
Instead, I just continue to find innovative ways to incorporate these tiny orange treats into my weekly menu.
Earlier, I read it was National Hot Dog Day and while I’m always down for a good ol’ American 100% beef dog, I decided to mix — or orange — things up a bit. That’s right. So without further ado, I give you: avocado + spinach CARROT dogs
WHAT YOU NEED:
- carrots cut to bun length
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- garlic powder
- chipotle powder
- Boil 1/2 pot of water + turn to low heat + cook carrots for 8-10 minutes
- Run cold water over them to stop cooking process
- Combine apple cider vinegar + soy sauce + garlic powder + chipotle powder
- Add carrots to the 1/2 of the marinade + let sit for an hour
- Cook carrots in a skillet with olive oil + add the remainder of the marinade until crispy
- Put between your bun and add + avocado + cucumber + + spinach +sriracha
- Nom — MIND BLOWN
Hot dogs? Or Carrots?
Let me tell you, I don’t know if it was just in my head, and you can think I’m insane, but these tasted like hot dogs. Magical.
Would it be a Wednesday without it? The other day on Instagram I saw the vino mecca that is the Chelsea Wine Vault is now carrying a product I HAD to have.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, wine in a can.
It’s conducive to my violent hand gestures, you know? [and HUGE gold star if you get that reference]
All in all? Solid Wednesday. You may think I have a problem, but the addiction will continue.
Orange you glad? Hell yeah I am.
Run far, eat well, drink better.